Soccer games, Halloween parties and cooler temperatures are quickly approaching, and we all know that means Fall is just around the corner! Here is a quick check list of things to do around the house just to be ready for the approaching change in weather and cooler months.
- Check and clean dryer duct from appliance to vent
- Drain water heater tank to reduce sediment.
- Have a professional inspect and clean fireplace.
- Clean gutters and downspouts. Repair as necessary. Make sure water is diverted away from home.
- Pressure wash decks, drive and walkways.
- Seal drives and walks.
- Look for signs of insects or other pests.
- Replace water filter in refrigerator.
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Remove all debris from yard (leaves, pine straw, etc).
- Prune all shrubbery and trees as recommended.
- Have a professional check your heating unit in preparation for the winter season.